Yes, there is some lit. out there that has demonstrated that colors can
seem to manipulate mood, etc. HOWEVER, a sheet of paper probably won't work
- you need to have all of the walls painted this color for any noticable
difference.
This is an easy to do experiment. Some of my students did something very
similar for my Sens and Perc class a few years ago. A few of them
photocopied their dependent measure on different colored paper (something
like a crossword puzzle or a logic problem - you get the idea) then they
examined for difference. Shockingly (I'm sure :), no difference was found.
Of course, no one was sitting paper, but, if your school is like mine, the
seats are different colors and you may be able to use that as the variable.

At 09:55 AM 2/10/99 -0400, you wrote:
>TIPSters...
>
>I recently came across an article in a local newspaper that talked about
>the use of "color psychology" to manipulate people.  The article made many
>claims, including the notion that "sitting on a piece of yellow
>construction paper while you're studying" can allow one to "receive [the
>color's] frequency," which, in turn, seems to allow one to focus better.
>
>I AM NOT making this up!  I'm curious, however, if anyone is aware of any
>research on this topic; this seems to be a good topic to explore in a
>parapsychology course that I'm developing, which is looking at paranormal
>phenomenon from a skeptical perspective.
>
>Any help would be appreciated!
>
>Cheers,
>
>Lou

>Dr. Louis Manza                                phone: (717) 867-6193
>Assistant Professor of Psychology              fax: (717) 867-6075
>Lebanon Valley College                         E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>Annville, PA  17003
>
>"Living in the limelight, the universal dream...for
> those who wish to seem.  Those who wish to be...must
> put aside the alienation, get on with the fascination,
> the real relation, the underlying theme."
>
> Rush, "Limelight" (lyrics, N. Peart)

Deb

Deborah S. Briihl, Ph.D.
Dept. of Psychology and Counseling
Valdosta State University
Valdosta, GA 31698
(912) 333-5994

You've got so many dreams that you don't know where to put them so you
better turn a few of them loose. - Fire