It is becoming increasingly clear that I've been a Dept. Chair way too long
and have falling behind in my readiong on this literature.  Thanks to
Stephen Black for pointing out that I need to update my increasingly archaic
knowledge in this area.  (No sarcasm intended...... I MEAN it!!)    FWIW, I
have known that some folks were challenging the tight REM/Dream connection
but I continue to oversimplify for  pedagogical purposes and I guess I
started to believe my own  oversimplifications.
Edward I. Pollak, Ph.D.                      Office (610)436-2945
Professor and Chairperson                    Home (610)363-1939
Department of Psychology                     FAX (610)436-2846
West Chester University                      [EMAIL PROTECTED]
West Chester, PA  19383       www.wcupa.edu
Husband, father, biopsychologist and bluegrass fiddler........... not
necessarily in order of importance.