Judith A. Roberts wrote:

> Some time back a psychology instructor by the name of Gertrude Mwape from
> the University of Zambia made a request on TIPS for psychology textbooks.
> I have decided to ship a load of books from my campus, and am looking for
> the best (and not outrageously expensive) method of shipping the books
> over.  I already know that sending by ship is much less expensive than by
> air, but if you are aware of any low cost methods, or of any charitable
> organizations which may ship 300 to 500 lbs. of textbooks to Lusaka,
> Africa, please help me out with some information.

We just finished packing up the books ourselves.  The cheapest cost to ship directly
to Zambia
is approximately eighty dollars per 40 pounds and this takes months to arrive.  As an
alternative, we contacted the Zambia Embassy in D.C. and they agreed to get them to U.
of Z. if
we get them to D.C.

Hope this helps,

linda

linda m. woolf, ph.d.
associate professor - psychology

Web Page:  http://www.webster.edu/~woolflm
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's (and woman's) best friend. . . .
Inside a dog, it's too dark to read."
                  -             Groucho Marx

Webster University
470 East Lockwood