Here's an end-of-the-semester question for you all. What would be the
chapter headings for the ideal intro-psych textbook as conceived by our
entering students? Here are some of my suggestions:

"Recovering traumatic memories: Regain your past and jump start your
future"

"Building self-esteem: Becoming best friends with yourself"

"Detoxifying your relationships"

"Erecting boundaries: Not granite walls but gated communities"

"How to stop pleasing others and start pleasing yourself"

Of course, any good textbook also must discuss the most important
theorists in the discipline. I have been negligent in my reading of the
popular and new-age literature because I could think of only the
following names: Carl Jung, Deepak Chopra, Andrew Weil, Laura
Schlessinger. Who else would you add?

Lest you think this is merely a frivolous post...well, it is. But I also
am thinking of handing something like this out on the first day of class
so that I can discuss what the course will NOT be about.

So there,

Jeff
--
Jeffry P. Ricker, Ph.D.          Office Phone:  (602) 423-6213
9000 E. Chaparral Rd.            FAX Number: (602) 423-6298

"For every problem, there is a solution that is neat, simple, and
wrong."          H. L. Mencken