I believe I've read that Freud had asked Schur (I'm not sure how directly)
to administer a possibly fatal dose of morphine if necessary to treat his
pain.
Can anyone confirm this?

>Thus, he could not have developed a tolerance to morphine at the time Schur
>injected him with two doses of 20 mg each within 12 hours of each other. As
>Stephen and Tim suggested, Freud's weakened condition made it much more
>likely that this would be lethal. In what he wrote, Schur seemed to be
>saying that he knew this would kill Freud.
>
>So, thanks Stephen and Tim for your help.
>
>--
>Jeffry P. Ricker, Ph.D.          Office Phone:  (602) 423-6213

* PAUL K. BRANDON               [EMAIL PROTECTED]  *
* Psychology Department                        507-389-6217 *
*     "The University formerly known as Mankato State"      *
*    http://www.mankato.msus.edu/dept/psych/welcome.html    *