On Mon, 17 May 1999, ITP_Faculty_Faith_Florer wrote:

> I'm looking for a textbook for a basic Cognition course. Does anyone have
> any suggestions, or know of any Web pages with suggestions?

   I've used Daniel Reisberg's _Cognition_, published by Norton.  It's
 challenging and drives home the idea of neural nets.  I found that
 neural nets and PDP were novel ideas for our undergrads, and Reisberg's
 integration of this material throughout the text really helped them
 to grasp the concept.   The test file and most graphics are on disk,
 which makes my life easier, although the questions need tweaking and the
 graphics are pretty dull.  I'm hoping the next edition is a bit jazzier.

  Pam

      Pamela Joyce Shapiro  |  email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
      Temple University     |  voice mail: (215) 204-9595-
      Cognitive Psychology  |  mailbox # 888-3214