In our thread on the topic, we've established that the current
recommended maximum for morphine is 15 mg, and Freud was said to have
been administered 20 mg in a published account, and 30 mg in an
unpublished.

Last night I was watching an early re-run of the US TV programme "The
Prctice". One story line concerned a doctor on trial for euthanizing
his patient with morphine. The dose that the doctor admitted to
administering was 2000 mg.

I guess the writers wanted to leave no doubt that the dose was what
killed the patient!

It's an intelligent programme, BTW, and it gave a thoughtful and
dramatic presentation of the arguments for and against.

(Bobby Donnell is the protagonist defending lawyer. He lost the
case.)

-Stephen

Stephen Black, Ph.D.                      tel: (819) 822-9600 ext 2470
Bishop's University                    e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Lennoxville, QC
J1M 1Z7
Canada     Department web page at http://www.ubishops.ca/ccc/div/soc/psy