I don't have a difinitive answer on this, but it would seem that an
interrupting a task might make the task distinctive and cause some
emotional reaction. Either of these might facilitate remembering.

Milton Steinberg

while teaching a unit on STM/LTM in my Cognitive Psy class,the "Zeigarnik
effect" came to mind.And I was wondering if there was an apparent conflict
between it and "interference theory".It would seem that an interfering and
disrupted task should not facilitate recall,but hinder it.

Michael Sylvester
Daytona Beach,Florida

                Milton Steinberg, Ph.D.
            Associate Professor in Psychology