Aside from the religious, scientific, and political discussions surrounding
the APA articel and recent apology I wonder if we are not missing another
point.  Please be patient with my post, as I haven't
read the article--only what has been posted on this and other listserves.

If what follows is accurate:

>A Meta-Analytic Examination
>of Assumed Properties of Child Sexual Abuse Using College Samples,"
>by Rind, Tromovitch, & Bauserman, in Psychological Bulletin.  The authors
>of the article reviewed the findings of 59 studies of college students
>who had, as children or adolescents, experienced some form of child sexual
>abuse. The authors subjected these studies to meta-analysis in an effort
>to determine the common factors across studies.

then I have these questions:

Can someone explain to me how the results of this meta-analysis of college
students can be generalized to the whole population?  Is this called sample
bias or what is the term?

A couple of other questions also seem
compelling....what about those abused persons who aren't as "resilient" and
don't make it to or don't choose to go to college?   What about the age of
the college students in these samples....is it just folklore that many CSA
victims don't begin to "deal with these issues" until they are in their
late 20's to
30's and beyond.

Jerry Jensen
email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]