At 9:25 AM -0400 6/24/99, Miguel Roig wrote:
>For those of you who use or have used Sniffy, The Virtual Rat, have you used
>this product, or would you consider using it in a traditional _graduate_
>learning class?  I'm thinking of using it in a graduate course, taken by
>clinical, school, and MA experimenal psych. students, but I am a little
>concerned about its perception as primarily an undergraduate tool or simply as
>a somewhat trivial exercise.  Any comments are welcomed.

I've commented on this before.
'Sniffy' does not behave like a real rat.
If you try to shape his behavior using procedures that work with a live
rat, nothing happens.  You have to follow the specific procedures described
in the doumentation.

'CyberRat' is a much better (if pricier) simulation.
See the link on my Web page to download a demo.

* PAUL K. BRANDON               [EMAIL PROTECTED]  *
* Psychology Department                        507-389-6217 *
*     "The University formerly known as Mankato State"      *
*    http://www.mankato.msus.edu/dept/psych/welcome.html    *