Hello everyone,

I read Gerald Peterson's post regarding his fun spring class on the
psychology of paranormal experiences.  I am curious as to what textbook
could be used for this type of class.  It does sound interesting.  Has
anyone else taught this course?  Gary, would you post your syllabus?  If
there is no formal textbook, do you use assigned readings?  If so what are
they?  I am bored this summer and need something new to look at.  I would
appreciate any feedback regarding the subject of, individual or group,
perceived paranormal experiences and the relationship to psychology.

Also has anyone been following the "Sleepwalking Murder" trial on CourtTV.
I know this has been used as a successful defense in one case and I have
heard of another.  The basic scenario of this trial:  a man stabbed his
wife forty-four times and   then tried to finish the job (I guess it wasn't
over) by drowning her in the family swimming pool.  He claims he was
unconscious and was sleep walking..  The prosecution's  main point revolves
around the hiding of evidence in a tupperware container, saying that this
showed consciousness and active planning.  Expert witnesses testified for
both sides.   The jury is now out. I was wondering if anyone has any
opinions on this case, or sleepwalking defenses in general?  Is what the
defendant claims possible?

Donette Steele
Instructor/ Psychology
LBCC/Fullerton College