Some time ago a Web site was referenced here that did an excellent job of
demonstrating the difference between sound, reliable, web based sources of
information (for students writing papers) and unreliable or unsound ones.

        I'm writing a new syllabus for a class (Modern Social Problems) that
begins next Tuesday, and I'd like to include the url of the site as
mandatory reading for any student who chooses to incorporate Internet
citations in his/her papers. Lately, I've been receiving far too many
unacceptable online citations, and I'd like to put a stop to that problem
w/o having to take the step of prohibiting online sources altogether (in
my institution, the students _need_ to be able to learn to use the
Internet--most have no experience with computers at all, nor are they
required to use them by the school).

        Any references or pointers to such a site will be appreciated.

        Thanks,

        Rick

--

Rick Adams
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

"... and the only measure of your worth and your deeds
will be the love you leave behind when you're gone."

Fred Small, J.D., "Everything Possible"