Hi Folks,

This last Spring I was awarded an Office of Teaching Resources in
Psychology (OTRP) award for a project entitled:  Genocide,
Ethnopolitical Conflict, and Human Rights:  A Path to Internationalizing
the Psychology Curriculum and Promoting Social Responsibility.  Towards
this end, I will be developing a resource to be used by psychology
professors/teachers who wish to integrate this information into their
courses or wish to develop specific courses in this area.

Currently, I am seeking feedback from individuals who conduct research,
work, or teach in the area of peace psychology or include this in any
aspect of their courses/work. Below, I will describe some of included
areas of the resource and then address specific needs for feedback.

As part of this project I am undertaking the following:

1.  Annotated bibliography:  The teaching resource will include an
annotated bibliography of the major journal articles, book chapters,
books, videos, and internet resources concerning human rights,
ethnopolitical conflict, and genocide written from a psychosocial
perspective.   Additional topic categories will include but are not
limited to:   assessment, intervention, and treatment of refugees and
survivors of torture and/or extreme conflict; models of collaboration
with government and non-governmental organizations; models and policies
concerning early warning, prevention, peaceful conflict resolution,
reconciliation, and reconstruction.   Resources will be drawn primarily
from the literature of psychology but will also include sociology,
anthropology, history, political science, international relations, human
rights studies, peace studies, and genocide/Holocaust studies.

Are there any particular books, articles, chapters, etc. that you would
specifically recommend?  What are the major works in this area in your
opinion?

Please note that I do not need an extensive bibliography (I have others
as well as my own).  I just want to make sure that I am not missing a
significant resource and I want to make sure that I am highlighting the
most significant resources.

2.   Lecture suggestions:  Lecture suggestions for use within
traditional psychology courses will be provided organized by course
listing.  Each will include a brief description of the proposed lecture
with suggested readings and internet links.  If appropriate, video
suggestions will be provided.

Are there ways that you have integrated this information into specific
courses?  Are there areas that you have thought to include but due to
lack of information, time, etc., you have not yet integrated into your
courses?  If yes, what are your ideas?

3.   Course suggestions and sample syllabi:  While issues of human
rights, ethnopolitical conflict, and genocide should be integrated
throughout the curriculum, entire courses should also be developed to
address the concerns from a psychological perspective.  Specific course
suggestions will be provided in this teaching resource.

If you have taught a course in this area or a course on peace
psychology, I would love to see your syllabi (mine can be found by
following the links below).

I would be extremely grateful for any thoughts or ideas that you may
have that will be useful in developing this curriculum resource.  As you
may know, the resource will be available on the OTRP website when
completed (following review).

Please send all information to me back channel or by snail mail.  If you
have any questions, please do not hesitate to e-mail me or call - (314)
968-6970.

Thanks,

Linda M. Woolf, Ph.D.
Behavioral and Social Sciences
Webster University
470 East Lockwood
St. Louis, Missouri  63119

P.S. My apologies to those who received multiple copies of this letter
due to cross-posting.  Cross-posting was necessary to achieve the
broadest base for feedback.
--
linda m. woolf, ph.d.
associate professor - psychology