I routinely recommended "A Cloclwork Orange" to my learning classes for
many years.  However, a number of my female colleagues have told me (and
rightly, I think) that the film's graphic and casual depiction of rape can
be very disturbing - particularly to women who might have experienced rape.
 I am very wary aboiut recommending the film now - and do so only with a
very strong warning that the film can be disturbing.

-- Jim