Dr. Joyce Johnson wrote:

> I love to watch movies, which I think will be clear by the end of this email. I was
>reading your interaction on using movies in psychology, and I
> wanted to share my ideas.

> Someday I want to construct a Psychology class around films, just as I have plans to
>build one around novels someday.

Joyce et al.,

I have shared the same interests but haven't found the time or the technology
to undertake it yet.  Possibly we will have to do this as a group and collect
the video clips and share them?

In any case, as part of the PRISM II conference I was involved in this last
Spring, one of our speakers shares a similar interest and has spent
considerable time incorporating movies dealing with psychopathology into his
teaching and his put it all together in a book.  I suggest you check it out.

Movies and Mental Illness:  Using Films to Understand Psychopathology by
Danny Wedding (our guest speaker) and Mary Ann Boyd.  It has a 1999 copyright
and is published by McGraw-Hill Publishers - College Division.

Best wishes,

Bill

*                                                          *

*  TIPS  LISTOWNER   -           CONTACT DIRECTLY IF YOU   *
*                                     HAVE PROBLEMS AT:    *
*  BILL SOUTHERLY                [EMAIL PROTECTED]  *
*  DEPT. OF PSYCHOLOGY           [EMAIL PROTECTED]  *
*  FROSTBURG STATE UNIVERSITY    [EMAIL PROTECTED] *
*  FROSTBURG,MARYLAND USA 21532                            *
*  PHONE   : (301) 687-4778                                *