RJ -
        I show that video in my lifespan development class. I believe it's a
segment in the "Seasons of Life" series. The piece I show is about 5-10
minutes long, with Jerome Kagan, a mother, and her son. In the background,
Kagan quietly asks the mother to tell the child to pour water on a doll, and
when the child nervously refuses to do so, he (Kagan) points out that the
child not only knows the behavior is wrong, but has the negative emotions to
go with that knowledge.

        I don't know of any specific research references using this paradigm
(ugh...that word...), and would be interested in seeing any that you
receive.

Paul Smith
Alverno College
Milwaukee