Michelle,

For intro or general psych, I put five or six easily recognized words or
phrases related to psychology on the blackboard and ask the students to jot
down what they know about these terms.  Some examples:

Prozac
Bulimia
IQ
ADHD

It's a good way to get them thinking about what they already know or things
they have heard related to the field, and at least one or two of the subjects
will pique each students interest.  The activity usually generates some
questioning and discussion.

Good luck to you.

Nancy Melucci, Ph.D.
Behavioral and Social Sciences Utility Infielder
El Camino College
Torrance, CA
"That movie has warped my fragile little mind"
(E. Cartman)