Hi all,

The August 99 issue of "Atlantic Monthly" contains an article on
stereotype threat by Claude Steele.

It's an excellent article taking us through the history of the
stereotype threat research.  He ends with a discussion of how stereotype
threat can be reduced in university settings, including a summary of the
program, and results of said program, he and a few others started at the
Univ. of Michigan.

In unrelated news, I used the musk lifesavers in my discussion of
schemas today.  They worked like a charm!  I was even lucky enough to
have native Germans in each of the classes mention that they had the
same experience with wintergreen. "Wintergreen is a mouthwash, not
candy!"

--
Sue Frantz, Asst Prof of Psych             [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Faculty Office Bldg, 2400 Scenic Drive     Office: (505)439-3731