I just want to second Linda's advice about getting hard copy letters rather
than emails for a tenure application (or for any other serious situation).
There's probably no really good logical reason for this from a legal or
technical point of view...after all, signed letters could be bogus just as
easily could be email...but my experience matches Linda's. R&T committees
tend to take signed, hard-copy letters more seriously than emails.

John

John Serafin
Professor of Psychology
Saint Vincent College