On Sat, 21 Aug 1999, Matthew W. Prull wrote:

> Apologies for bringing up once again the topic of the myth that people use
> only 10% of their total brain capacity (I can't count how many times I've
> read discussions of psychological myths on TIPS over the years).  Could
> someone supply with info regarding the origin of this misconception?

For anyone collecting such things, there's a web on the topic at:
http://faculty.washington.edu/chudler/tenper.html

It doesn't add much to other sources, but it's a cute presentation.

-Stephen

Stephen Black, Ph.D.                      tel: (819) 822-9600 ext 2470
Bishop's University                    e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Lennoxville, QC
J1M 1Z7
Canada     Department web page at http://www.ubishops.ca/ccc/div/soc/psy