A number of years ago I remember using a study on deprivation
dwarfism to illustrate the interaction of developmental domains. (I
use Berger's Child book, and I think it might have been cited in
the instructor's materials.) Anyway, I just cannot find this reference,
and I wanted to use it again in my Child Psy. class. (It had to do
with a headmistress at an orphanage being very mean. Even with
supplemental nutrition, the children -- except for her pets -- still
failed to thrive.)

If any one can send me a cite (or a site) where I can re-read it, I
would be very grateful!

Thanks!
Kathleen Kleissler
Psychology Department