Linda wrote:

> And if you provide a web site unlocked and accessible where
> slander or defamation of
> character takes place committed by a minor?   a youth offender?
>  a college student?

        Then, IF it can be proven that harm occurred, you are equally liable.

        Your solution would be to prevent free speech on the site, mine is to
hold them liable if (and only if) someone is harmed. Of the two, your's
smacks far to much of a total unconcern for rights for me to accept.

        Sorry, Linda, but loss of free speech is one of the first stages of
fascism--you as a holocaust researcher should certainly know that.

        Rick