On Sun, 12 Sep 1999, G. Marc Turner wrote:

> Although I can see the relevance to some, it was actually Dr. Saba who
> posted the message to NEWPSYCH as well. And given the following excerpt
> from her message, I'd assume that this is a message designed to advertise
> her product, not just an informative message for those interested.

Since it was Dr. Saba pushing her own product (and nothing else from
her), the verdict is guilty as charged. But that's not why I'm
posting. It's to suggest that, as this is the first spam I've ever
seen on TIPS, it may be an unwelcome consequence of a welcome change:
namely advertising TIPS through a website which brings it to the
attention of the world. So it may indicate that the website is really
working.

I assume that our fearless leader will set Dr. Saba straight on
appropriate and inappropriate postings.

-Stephen

Stephen Black, Ph.D.                      tel: (819) 822-9600 ext 2470
Bishop's University                    e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Lennoxville, QC
J1M 1Z7
Canada     Department web page at http://www.ubishops.ca/ccc/div/soc/psy