Hi Michael,
        Here at Ripon College we teach two semesters of Research Design and
Statistics.  The first semester we talk about Methods and the philosophy of
science for the first few weeks, then work into statistics up to and
including t-tests; second semester we proceed to ANOVAs of various types.
We always blend the teaching of statistics with research design, so the
statistics have a context and, we think, the whole sequence better reflects
the actual research process.

Joe Hatcher
Ripon College
Ripon, WI  USA,