Rick Adams wrote:

> Jim wrote:
>
> > I think Rick that the point of the initial mention of reindeer
> > was an analogy.  Specifically, your stating that distance
> > education is as good as traditional education was analogous to
> > someone claiming that reindeer can fly.
>
>         But the original post was _not_ a statement by me that dl is as good as
> traditional ed.

--------------------------------

Digging back in my Trash file I found that
this exercise in convoluted logic started with Rick's null hypothesis:

> >  Many of the distance programs
> > provide just as good of educations as any traditional
> > institution.

To which Jim responded:

> I would be very interested in the evidence for this statement.

And Rick replied:

       Just as you ask for evidence that distance learning provides as good of
an education as a traditional institution, however, I would ask that you
provide evidence that it does NOT do so.

Which led me to remember Randi's response to the argument that, "nobody has
demonstrated that paranormal phenomena do not occur."

* Mike Scoles                      *    [EMAIL PROTECTED]   *
* Department of Psychology         *    voice: (501) 450-5418   *
* University of Central Arkansas   *    fax:   (501) 450-5424   *
* Conway, AR    72035-0001         *                            *
********* http://www.coe.uca.edu/psych/scoles/index.html ********