I like Reed--been using it for years; have tried almost all the others
at least once and keep coming back.

Very high in readability for students.
Well organized.
Maybe not as comprehensive as some texts but that leaves me the
option of adding some "special topics" lectures for the last 2 weeks
that allows students some freedom in suggesting topics in addition
to ones I like to add--gives them some power over what they learn.

annette

On Mon, 27 Sep 1999, Pat Cabe wrote:

> I'm headed toward teaching my every-other-year cognition course and will need
> to specify a textbook in the relatively near future. This is an undergraduate
> survey course, generally focused on traditional topics. Texts I've used in the
> past include: Matlin, Ashcraft, Solso, and  Medin & Ross. I think I have
> current editions of those, but if anyone knows of very recent editions, please
> alert me.
>
> Any recommendations from those of you who have taught a cognition course?
>
> Thanks,
> Pat Cabe

> Patrick Cabe, Ph.D.
> Department of Psychology
> University of North Carolina at Pembroke
> One University Drive
> Pembroke, NC 28372-1510
>
> (910) 521-6630
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

> Patrick Cabe, Ph.D.
> Department of Psychology
> University of North Carolina at Pembroke
> One University Drive
> Pembroke, NC 28372-1510
>
> (910) 521-6630
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Annette Taylor, Ph. D.
Department of Psychology                E-mail:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
University of San Diego                 Voice:   (619) 260-4006
5998 Alcala Park
San Diego, CA  92110

                "Education is one of the few things a person
                 is willing to pay for and not get."
                                                -- W. L. Bryan