On Fri, 1 Oct 1999, Kenneth M. Steele wrote:

> I am looking for suggestions for a measure I can take in class
> that would show a negative correlation with shoe size.

My top four suggestions:

1) The greater the shoe size, the smaller the number of steps
   to walk from one end of the classroom to the other

2) The greater the shoe size, the smaller the distance from the
   top of the head to the ceiling

3) (requires male and female students) The greater the shoe size,
   the shorter the hair

4) (requires male and female students, some of whom are hockey
   players) The greater the shoe size, the fewer the teeth

You're welcome. Let us know what the r's turn out to be.

-Stephen

Stephen Black, Ph.D.                      tel: (819) 822-9600 ext 2470
Bishop's University                    e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Lennoxville, QC
J1M 1Z7
Canada     Department web page at http://www.ubishops.ca/ccc/div/soc/psy
           Check out TIPS listserv for teachers of psychology at:
           http://www.frostburg.edu/dept/psyc/southerly/tips/