Hi all,

To those of you who teach (or are simply interested) in
critical thinking and the paranormal, there will be a TV
show on tonight that you will want to see.  Believe it or
not, it's an entertaining, well-produced show that presents
a STRONG skeptical/critical perspective on "the unknown."

The first episode of the series, entitled "Exploring the
Unknown," airs tonight (Tues) at 10pm (Eastern time) on the
Fox Family Channel (so you must have cable to view it).  The
series is being developed (and hosted by) Michael Shermer.
Shermer, a historian of science, is the founder and editor of
SKEPTIC magazine, and recent author of "Why People
Believe Weird Things: Pseudo-science, Superstition, and
Other Confusions of our Time" and a new book, "Why We
Believe."

There will be segments on firewalking, psychic readings,
out of body experiences, psychic surgery, UFO sightings,
and more.

I'll be taping it for my "Weird Beliefs" course this Spring...

-Mike

Michael J. Kane
Psychology Department
Georgia State University
University Plaza
Atlanta, GA 30303-3083
phone: 404-651-0704
fax: 404-651-0753
email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

"It is morally as bad not to care whether a thing
  is true or not, so long as it makes you feel good,
  as it is not to care how you got your money as
  long as you have it."
                                                     -- E.W. Teale