From: Philbrick, John
Sent: Wednesday, October 06, 1999 12:12 PM
To: Quanty, Michael; Bowman, Chris; Elsass, Robert
Subject: RE: Long Distance E-mail Charges - Please Read and Complain!

Friends:  Old hoaxes never die, they just get resurrected in a slightly
different form.  This one has been around for several years.  The previous
note I saw on this even identified a congressional bill number, a
congressman who was sponsoring it, and an Alexandria lawyer who was fighting
it.  All three were utterly fictitious!  See the following link.

Mike, I'm grateful to you for at least checking it out before sending it on.
I'd encourage you to send my response back to those folks who notified you.

Here are a couple of relevant links, the first of which directly addresses
this hoax, and the next two address the many urban legends and email hoaxes
which are circulating.

http://ciac.llnl.gov/ciac/CIACHoaxes.html#internetcharge

http://www.whidbey.net/~dcloud/fbns/bogus.htm

http://urbanlegends.about.com/culture/beliefs/urbanlegends/library/blhoax.ht