At 9:38 AM -0400 10/21/99, Michael Sylvester wrote:
>On Wed, 20 Oct 1999, Paul Brandon wrote:
>
>> At 8:30 AM -0400 10/20/99, Michael Sylvester wrote:
>>
>> >   or referred to as the One-shot case.
>>
>> By anyone other than you??
>
> The One-shot case label is mentioned in an old text titled Experimental
>  Psychology by Matheson,Bruce and Beauchamp(sp)

My apologies -- I'd not heard the term, certainly not in a text whose main
topic was single case designs.  I may have an old copy; I'll check the
context in which the term is used.

>  Paul: I have a Ph.D in Psychology

        No comment.

>> That's what a multiple baseline design is for.
>
>   and single-blind?
>
>btw,don't both the experimental and the control group expect something?

A multiple baseline design is single subject -- there are no experimental
and control groups.  Each subject is his/her own control.
It could be single or double blind.  The expectations of subjects would
depend on the instructions given to them.  This could be manipulated as one
experimental variable in a multiple baseline design.
In fact, I do this in one of my class experiments.

* PAUL K. BRANDON               [EMAIL PROTECTED]  *
* Psychology Dept       Minnesota State University, Mankato *
* 23 Armstrong Hall, Mankato, MN 56001      ph 507-389-6217 *
*    http://www.mankato.msus.edu/dept/psych/welcome.html    *