Does anyone know if the efficacy of ECT for the treatment of depression
has ever been tested with a placebo control group? I don't know how one
would perform such a test; but I do know that there are many people out
there who are much smarter than I. Some such person might have designed
a valid placebo for this treatment.

Jeff

--
Jeffry P. Ricker, Ph.D.          Office Phone:  (480) 423-6213
9000 E. Chaparral Rd.            FAX Number: (480) 423-6298

"The truth is rare and never simple."
                                   Oscar Wilde

"[T]he more outrageous the myth, the more likely [it] is...that
large numbers of people will cleave to it."
                                   Paul Kurtz