We all know that people with Severe Learning Disabilities use challenging behaviour as
a form of communication.  I think that as well as this they use it for manipulation of
the people around them and not just to meed their basic needs.  Although people in
this area of society perform poorly on 'IQ' tests I feel that they have some kind of
intuition or perception that they are not given enough credit for.  I have experience
of children that use 'challenging behaviour' and self injurous behaviour to amuse
themselves by provoking or annoying other people.  Does anyone have experience or
thoughts in this area.