I'd look for arousal as a mediating variable and then look at
arousal factors in signal detection and caffeine factors vis-a-vis
arousal to come up with some hypothesis re: caffeine and signal
detection.
annette

On Thu, 28 Oct 1999, David CARPENTER wrote:

> TIPsters,
>
> I have a student who is looking for research on the effects of caffine.  SHe is
>particularly interested in what effects it might have in signal detection tasks, but
>is having trouble finding existing research.  CAn anybody help her (us), with some
>references?
>
> Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
> dave Carpenter
>

>*****************************************************************************************
> David L. Carpenter, Ph.D.                 Phone:  716 375-2499
> Department of Psychology                FAX: 716 375-7618
> St. Bonaventure Univ.                      Email:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> St. Bonaventure, NY  14778
>
> WEB: www.SBU.EDU/PSYCHOLOGY/DCARP

Annette Taylor, Ph. D.
Department of Psychology                E-mail:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
University of San Diego                 Voice:   (619) 260-4006
5998 Alcala Park
San Diego, CA  92110

                "Education is one of the few things a person
                 is willing to pay for and not get."
                                                -- W. L. Bryan