Gary Peterson writes on 3 Nov 99,:

>  For advanced classes, this phenomenon might make for useful
> discussion/detective work regarding the role of psychology, culture, and
> social psychology in the kinds of attributions and beliefs resulting from
> feeling yourself (correctly or not) the object of others' eyes.  If you
> try this, let me know how it works as I won't be teaching General Psych
> for a while.     Gary Peterson

Or for a course in Research Methods, you could do a direct test of the hypothesis.
Have volunteers determine when they think someone is looking at them and when they
are not and match that up with when someone actually is looking.  This could lead into
all kinds of interesting methodological discussions.

Rick

Dr. Rick Froman
Psychology Department
Box 3055
John Brown University
Siloam Springs, AR 72761
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.jbu.edu/sbs/psych
Office: (501)524-7295
Fax: (501)524-9548

"Happiness is not found by searching, but by researching."