Friends and Colleagues- I am up for tenure this year and my materials must
be submitted by November 30.  I need letters from colleagues that
demonstrate scholarship. At times, I have responded to requests on this
list with literature references or answers to questions. I woule really
appreciate your support if you feel that you can write a favorable, even
brief, letter of support to my chair. Web activity as a form of
scholarship, is in its genesis. Time spent replying to a colleague over
email does not usually turn up in a vita, annual faculty report, or
publication. So time spent helping colleagues over listserv's may be lost
as a form of teaching, scholarship, or service. I spend at least a half
hour every day reading my TIPS email, and responding when I feel I can
contribute. So if you can afford the stationery and the time, please let my
personnel committee know that I have provided useful or scholarly
information, colleagueality (remember all those EnJoyce missives), and that
you would like for them to tenure me so that I can continue to contribute
to this group. Thanks.
Please send favorable letters to my chair:
Dr Lewis Bettinger
Dept of Psychology
Centenary College
PO Box 41188
Shreveport LA 71134-1188

Thanks again. Joyce
Dr. Joyce Johnson
Assistant Professor of Psychology
Developmental/ Experimental
Centenary College of Louisiana
PO Box 41188
2911 Centenary Blvd.
Shreveport, LA 71134-1188
<http://www.centenary.edu/~jjohnson>
office 318 869 5253
FAX 318 869 5004 Attn: Dr Johnson, Psychology