From: Weisskirch, Rob [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, November 08, 1999 1:21 PM
To: 'TIPS'
Subject: Styles of Loving

TIPSters,

I was discussing Lee's Styles of Loving in class and was describing Agape as
selfless love.  For example, when one person sacrifices for the other, kind
of when the wife of an alcoholic takes care of him.  A student raised
objection and said that in a "pre-marriage" course she learned that Agape is
the type of love couples should aspire to.  That you should put other's
needs in front of your own.  Being the Jew I am, I didn't want to mess with
potential religious doctrine since I know the student's course was church
affiliated.

Does anyone know more about describing Agape in Lee's styles of loving?  How
is Agape part of Christian theology?

Shalom,

Rob Weisskirch
Department of Child and Adolescent Studies
California State University, Fullerton
P.O. Box 6868
Fullerton, CA 92834-6868
(714) 278-2896