I suppose that few in the known universe escaped the ballyhoo about
the Encyclopedia Brittanica (http://www.britannica.com) giving free
access at their new web site. Nevertheless, it apparently immediately
crashed, and has been inoperative for the last two weeks.

It's back up now, and I took it for a test drive.  It said this about
the great B.F.

Skinner, B.F.
American psychologist and an influential exponent of behaviourism,
which views human behaviour in terms of physiological responses to the
environment

"Physiological responses?" Aside from that unpromising start, this
looks like a handy resource for teachers and students. In addition to
main entries, it suggests web sites and books, and it looks as though
the advertising isn't going to be too annoying.

-Stephen

Stephen Black, Ph.D.                      tel: (819) 822-9600 ext 2470
Bishop's University                    e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Lennoxville, QC
J1M 1Z7
Canada     Department web page at http://www.ubishops.ca/ccc/div/soc/psy
           Check out TIPS listserv for teachers of psychology at:
           http://www.frostburg.edu/dept/psyc/southerly/tips/