I need a little help from my colleagues. We are a small liberal arts
college with a 2 1/4 person Psych department.  We have received a donation
for a Chaired professorship. WE will try to get matching funds for the
endowment from the state board of trustees. We need to decide what is the
best fit of Psych specialty to fulfill the donor's spec's that the Chair be
dedicated to "Stewardship", yet fulfill our need to round out our
undergraduate Psychology program. We have considered Cognitive
Neuroscience, Clinical, or Industrial/Organizational. We have interesting
meetings, you may imagine. What I need from you is
1) ways to contact groups of I/O Psychs either through listservs, the APA
division, or specialty groups like TIPS
2) sources of information about how many I/O Psych PH.D.'s are being
"produced" (graduating) each year compared to other disciplines within Psych
3) what kind of demand exists for academic I/O Psychs (with some consulting
opps on the side)
4) information to decide if undergraduate I/O Psych classes are a good
choice for our students in preparation for their future as graduate
students, as well as for our undergraduates who will go straight into the
work force upon graduation.

We have about 800 undergraduates total. Psych is a popular major, and we
service most students in the college with General Psych and Developmental
Psych for the "Core".
Dr. Joyce Johnson
Assistant Professor of Psychology
Developmental/ Experimental
Centenary College of Louisiana
PO Box 41188
2911 Centenary Blvd.
Shreveport, LA 71134-1188
<http://www.centenary.edu/~jjohnson>
office 318 869 5253
FAX 318 869 5004 Attn: Dr Johnson, Psychology