Very early in my teaching career, a very wise teacher old me, "Don, if
you give everyone A's, no one will never complain...if you give out too
many F's the students will be on your case, and the administration will be
on my case."

I suspect these kinds of pressures exist everywhere, and what we do with
them is a personal thing.  I try to fight the good fight as best I can;
happily my school does not allow me to give a failing student a "W", and
they make me go thru much BS to give an "I", so I'm not tempted to give those.
Still, I always come away feeling I gave out more good grades than the
students' performance warranted....any of you folks able to relate?

        -- Don

--
%%%%%%%%%%%%%  Donald Carter Davis, Ph.D. ([EMAIL PROTECTED]):  %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
GREEN BAY PACKERS = A DREAM DEFERED, A DREAM DENIED | FIRE RAY RHODES NOW!!!