Sandra Nagel Randall, Ph.D.
Psychology
Saginaw Valley State University, MI

n a message dated 2/3/2000 2:13:00 PM Eastern Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<< Subj:     Test of computer competency
 Date:  2/3/2000 2:13:00 PM Eastern Standard Time
 From:  [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Rick Froman)
 Sender:    [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 To:    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

 This is addressed to people with a specific interest or knowledge of
 psychological testing on your campus:

 We are interested in finding a test of computer competency that
 could certify students passing it as computer literate that is not
 specific to certain programs (like Microsoft Office).  We have
 already located a test that certifies people as having competence
 with the components of Microsoft Office.  Does anyone know of (or
 have developed for local use) a test that would allow a person to
 demonstrate general competence in using a word processor,
 database, spreadsheet, presentation software and internet tools?
 Alternatively, do you know of, or have you created, a test that
 allows students to demonstrate such competence within the
 context of a group of particular programs (like MS Office)?  Thanks
 for your help.
 Dr. Rick Froman
 Psychology Department
 Box 3055