Stephen,

1.) Why are you apologizing, unless you, yourself, said something improper?

2.) It makes no difference to me if there are some Russians present, their
presence or absence does not alter the objective facts that I presented.

3.) If your friend from Siberia is present, I doubt that she cares much.
Although PC hand-wringing has taken over North America, I'd be real surprised
if its taken root in Siberia.

4.) Since you told me, Stephen, that I could draw no conclusions until I
had taught a significant proportion of the 460 million Russians currently
on earth, your self-flagellating apology is just as premature as my supposedly
premature conclusions.

> I just remembered something that I should mention, and I assure
> everyone that it's true.
>
> Last week I received an e-mail from a psychologist and university
> lecturer at a university in Siberia. When I asked her why me, she said
> that she had picked my name off our university web site, apparently at
> random.
>
> She wanted to exchange views on university teaching. I told her the
> best thing for her to do was to join TIPS and PSYCHTEACHER, and I
> especially recommended TIPS.
>
> Now I hope she didn't join.
>
> If she did join, or if there are any other colleagues from Russia
> lurking on the list, I hope this discussion hasn't offended you
> and I apologize if it has.
>
> (It does make a difference, doesn't it, when you realize that someone
> from the maligned group may be listening in.)
>
> -Stephen

> Stephen Black, Ph.D.                      tel: (819) 822-9600 ext 2470
> Department of Psychology                  fax: (819) 822-9661
> Bishop's University                    e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Lennoxville, QC
> J1M 1Z7
> Canada     Department web page at http://www.ubishops.ca/ccc/div/soc/psy
>            Check out TIPS listserv for teachers of psychology at:
>            http://www.frostburg.edu/dept/psyc/southerly/tips/

%%%%%%%%%%%%%  Donald Carter Davis, Ph.D. ([EMAIL PROTECTED]):  %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
GREEN BAY PACKERS = A DREAM DEFERED, A DREAM DENIED | FIRE RAY RHODES NOW!!!
WISCONSIN BADGERS = 1999 ROSE BOWL CHAMPIONS | MEET ME IN PASADENA, 1/1/2000
##### ALL HAIL RON DAYNE, COLLEGE FOOTBALL'S ALL TIME LEADING RUSHER!!!#####