Frankly, I don't like too many of them because MOST people
cannot solve them and then, of course, can clearly see why the
answer is what it is afterwards, but that's because the path
to the answer is quite twisted--it's almost like a 'read my mind'
kind of task.

Alternatively, the problems we use in cognitive psych as examples
for problem solving tend to have a well-defined solution path,
i.e., the missions & cannibals problem in its many permutations
(hobbits/orcs, jealous wives/cheating husbands, fat dads, skinny
kids, etc.)

So the nature of these problems is quite different.

But if someone is really interested in these other types of
problems there are dozens of books which revolve around the theme
of lateral thinking.

If you can get to a website for the KPBS store of knowledge, the
discovery channel store, or simply barnes & noble or amazon.com
then you can find them.

annette

Annette Taylor, Ph. D.
Department of Psychology                E-mail:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
University of San Diego                 Voice:   (619) 260-4006
5998 Alcala Park
San Diego, CA  92110

                "Education is one of the few things a person
                 is willing to pay for and not get."
                                                -- W. L. Bryan