From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, March 16, 2000 9:06 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: zzzzzzzzz

Listikins,

A student in my Santa Monica Class who does child care for a healthy young
infant said that she's never seen the child in REM and wondered if it's
possible that the child didn't have it.  I said I thought that it was not
possible for a normally developing or health person not to have REM sleep
but
thought I should run it by the more knowledgeable list denizens anyway.
Wouldn't there be something terribly wrong with the baby if it didn't have
REM?

Also, I am guessing that people who have certain kinds of brain damage and
are comatose or "vegetative" probably don't have REM.  Am I correct in my
surmise?  Please advise.  Thanks so much.

Nancy Melucci
SMC et al.
Huntington Beach, CA