Here we do not have a prerequiste, but rather we teach a year-long sequence of both
- and we are free to integrate (or segregate)  the two topics across the year as we
se fit. The argument is that methods and stats are always interrelated, so teach
them that way.

I am coming to the conclusion that we need a _data analysis_ course as a
prerequisite, however, so overcome fear and ignorance about numbers and how to deal
with numbers.

> On Wed, Apr 12,2000, Jeff Ricker wrote:
> >

> > My questions: Is statistics a prerequisite for research methods at your
> > school? What are the arguments in favor of this? What are the arguments
> > opposed to this?

John W. Kulig                        [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Department of Psychology             http://oz.plymouth.edu
Plymouth State College               tel: (603) 535-2468
Plymouth NH USA 03264                fax: (603) 535-2412
"The only rational way of educating is to be an example - if
one can't help it, a warning example." A. Einstein, 1934.