Well, not very expensive is a relative term and some of my ideas may
be too late but here are 2:

you could has a book rep to give you an extra reading copy or two of
a favorite book--sometimes they can come up with an older edition
of something like Stanovich's How to Think Straight.... and that is a
great prize.

Book reps also sometimes have mugs and mousepads and stress balls they
can give out.

Good luck
annette

On Wed, 19 Apr 2000, DAVID KREINER wrote:

> My Research Design & Analysis students will be having their annual
> poster session in a couple of days.  I have asked them to each pick
> their favorite poster at the session and say what they liked about.
> Now I'm trying to think of some suitable (and not terribly expensive)
> prizes I could give out as rewards.  I am definitely not going to give
> extra credit because it is not in my course syllabus.  Any ideas?
>
> David Kreiner
> Professor of Psychology
> Central Missouri State University
> Warrensburg MO 64093
> Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Phone: 660 543-8076
> Fax: 660 543-8505

Annette Taylor, Ph. D.
Department of Psychology                E-mail:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
University of San Diego                 Voice:   (619) 260-4006
5998 Alcala Park
San Diego, CA  92110

                "Education is one of the few things a person
                 is willing to pay for and not get."
                                                -- W. L. Bryan