With the 30 year anniversary of the fall of Saigon, I became very
depressed recently after listening to NPR and realizing that the entire
"Vietnam thing" is in the distant past to almost all of our students and
to many younger adults around the world. I just feel like most of the
"younger generation" (argh! I hate saying that) only has the very brief
and one-sided "sanitized" memory of war (if that's really what you want
to call it) which arose from Desert Storm. I fear that when the next
"big one" comes along, our younger generation will be ill-prepared to
deal with it psychologically and politically.

Am I just being an old fart?

Steven M. Specht, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Psychology
Psychology Department
Utica College of Syracuse University
1600 Burrstone Rd.
Utica, NY 13502
(315) 792-3171

"To teach is to learn twice".  - Joseph Joubert (1754-1824)