At 5:35 PM -0400 5/15/00, Michael Sylvester wrote:
>On Wed, 10 May 2000, Rick Adams wrote:
>

>>      Archetypes come from evolutionary changes to the brain (according
>>to most
>> modern Jungian theories). Because there hasn't been time for Evolution to
>> affect Southerners in such a manner, it's not an archetype only a symbol.
>>
>>      Rick
>> --
>>

>    I thought that archetypes were universal symbols and certain
>    characteristics: the cross,swatiska,Native American symbols,
>     Egyptian crosses have some geometric commonalities.
>     I would assume the cross bars,stripes and stars would
>     of the confederacy would have some commonality
>     with the above.

This is a dictionary definition, not a technical one (assumption that
Jungians have technical definitions ;-).

* PAUL K. BRANDON               [EMAIL PROTECTED]  *
* Psychology Dept       Minnesota State University, Mankato *
* 23 Armstrong Hall, Mankato, MN 56001      ph 507-389-6217 *
*    http://www.mankato.msus.edu/dept/psych/welcome.html    *