Thanks for the discussion and helpful information many of you provided about
the question of testosterone levels.  Does anyone know of research that
looks at the level of testosterone and how it may be effected by specific
behavior, e.g., viewing pornography, masturbation, etc...  This may be a
chicken and egg question but I am curious about whether people with
compulsive sexual behavior have higher levels of testosterone than other
males or if engaging in such behaviors may stimulate higher levels of
testosterone, or of course what the interaction is, if any etc.  Any help to
this question would be appreciated.  I teach a human sexuality course and I
sometimes get questions about compulsive sexual behavior.  I also see men in
my clinical practice who experience unwanted compulsions to pornography.
I have thought this would be a facinating study.  Has it been done?

Thanks!

Steven L. Voss
Oak Hills Christian College
Bemidji, MN