I currently use, and am very happy with, Papyrus from Research Software
Design (http://www.teleport.com/~rsd/).  It isn't fancy as Ref.Man. from
what I've been told, but all I use it for is to index and search my own file
cabinets of journal articles.  The company has been around for a while and
the program is rather inexpensive (around $100 I believe).

Rob Flint
Robert W. Flint, Jr., Ph.D.
The College of Saint Rose
Department of Psychology