> For those of us who are not (sigh) at the APA this week:
>
> Beth Benoit
> University of Massachusetts Lowell
>
> August 8, 2000
>
> New York Times

      Haven't I  being saying this for quite awhile?
      Oh Ye of little faith!
 By the way this reversible figure in the Perception topic- now you see an old woman
and
then a young
woman is subject to cultural interpretation.
If one lives on a farm,one may see the figure as the rear end of a cow. If one grew up
in
the far West,
one may see the figure as an Eagle. If  one is from Africa one may see the figure as
representing
lakes and rivers.
Interestingly enough,the old woman and the young woman are viewed as white.
I am not certain if African-American students view it as black women.

Michael Sylvester,Ph.D
Daytona Beach,Florida

This message was sent using Panda Mail.  Check your regular email account away from
home
free!  http://bstar.net/panda/